The Grove Women gather to devote ourselves to prayer, service to one another and honoring the Word of God. Our gatherings are designed to encourage women, as we further understand who God is and strive to please Him, within our biblical roles. Our Bible studies are led by a variety of voices; older woman who are committed to study and teach the things God calls us to be and to do. Many things in this world are temporal, but the fear of the Lord is eternal and brings a woman blessing and praise. (Colossians 4, I Thessalonians 5, Titus 2, Proverbs 31).
This year, we plan to kick off the 2019-2020 ministry season with a fabulous fall social on Tuesday, September 17th, at 7:00pm. You won’t want to miss this time to gather, meet a new friend or re-connect with someone you already know, after the long summer break! There will be plenty of food, fellowship and fun, as we like to say. Please register here, if you plan to attend. Childcare is not provided for this event.
Then, be sure to get our 8-week Fall Bible Study on your calendar, beginning on September 25th and wrapping up on November 13th. Back, after popular demand, we plan to continue the study of Genesis, focusing on the life of Abraham. These lessons will be co-taught by Becky Tisch and Karla Pierre. Plan to join us on Wednesday mornings from 9:30am to 11:00am. Our meetings are currently held at First Baptist Church, in downtown Windermere. Childcare is provided. If you need childcare, please register here so we know how to plan.
- September 25, Lesson 1 – The Call of Abraham – (Listen to Audio)
- October 2, Lesson 2 – Abram and Lot – (Listen to Audio)
- October 9, Lesson 3 – Abrahamic Covenant – (Listen to Audio)
- October 16, Lesson 4 – Ishmael and the Chosen Son
- October 23, Lesson 5 – Sodom and Gomorrah
- October 30, Lesson 6 – God is the Judge
- November 6, Lesson 7 – Abimelech and Isaac
- November 13, Lesson 8 – The Offering of Isaac
A survey of Genesis 1-12 was taught by Karla Pierre, in the Fall of 2018, and can be heard online.
- Lesson 1 – Creation, Part 1
- Lesson 2 – Creation, Part 2
- Lesson 3 – The Fall – (Listen to Audio)
- Lesson 4 – Cain and Abel
- Lesson 5 – The Pre-Flood World – (Listen to Audio)
- Lesson 6 – The Flood – (Listen to Audio)
- Lesson 7 – Babel and the Table of Nations – (Listen to Audio)
- Lesson 8 – The Abrahamic Covenant – (Listen to Audio)
A study of Biblical Womanhood was taught by a team of women, in the Spring of 2019, and can be heard online.
- Biblical Womanhood Lesson 1: Judy VanKampen (Listen to Audio)
- Biblical Womanhood Lesson 2: Grethel Fevig (Listen to Audio)
- Biblical Womanhood Lesson 3: Lindsey Lindberg (Listen to Audio)
- Biblical Womanhood Lesson 4: Kim Olsson (Listen to Audio)
- Biblical Womanhood Lesson 5: Becky Tisch (Listen to Audio)
- Biblical Womanhood Lesson 6: Karla Pierre (Listen to Audio)
- Biblical Womanhood Lesson 7: K. Foster (Listen to Audio)
- Biblical Womanhood Lesson 8: Lynn Butterfield (Listen to Audio)
Stand by… the Bible Study dates and theme for the Spring of 2020 will be announced soon. Feel free to contact our Women’s Ministry Coordinator, Karla Pierre, with any questions or comments regarding The Grove Women.
You are Loved!